Articles about programming algorithms.
Perl programming language techniques for dynamic website development.
- Converting Text to HTML
- Using JSON Data In Perl Scripts
- Fetching The URL Path Within A Perl Script
- Building a URI Regular Expression
- Escaping Characters in Perl
- Fetching a Query String in Perl
- Percent Encoding of Characters
- Changing the Mouse Pointer Using CSS
- Using Cascading Style Sheets in HTML
- Create HTML Links that Open in a New Window
- Understanding Doctypes in HTML
HTML Canvas Graphics
Various programming techniques and examples involving graphics and image manipulation, specifically relating to web development.
- Dynamically Generating BMP Files
- CRC-32 Calculations for the PNG Format
- Adler-32 Calculations for the PNG Format
Dates and Times
These articles describe a variety of problems and algorithms that are useful when incorporating dates and times into software programs. When considering the internationalization (i18n) of software, it is especially important to understand how to handle the variety of formats in which dates and times can be displayed.
- Algorithm For Determining If a Year is a Leap Year
- Algorithm For Determining the Number of Days in a Month
- Calculating the Day of the Week
- Calculating the Day of the Year
- Regular Expression to Find a Year
- Parsing Times From Strings
- Listing the Names of the Month in Any Language
Books and ISBN
- Verifying 10-Digit ISBN Numbers
- Verifying 13-Digit ISBN Numbers
- Converting ISBN-10 to ISBN-13
- Querying Google Books